We are promoting women’s inclusion to digital life by developing their digital skills
Embracing technology to unleash the potential of women
“Connected Women” project that is implemented in cooperation with the Ministry of National Education, General Directorate for Lifelong Learning and Vodafone Turkey Foundation, aims to enable that women over the age of 18 are included in the digital society and women that have received training in digital competencies join the workforce. By embracing technology, women will be able to pursue a career in tech and we will be one step closer to our aim that is to build a digital society.
"Connected Women" project has reached 15 thousand women in 20 provinces since 2020
The project provided "Digital Literacy" and "Digital Marketing" trainings to 15,000 women in 2 years. By reaching 15,000 more women in the third year of the project, 30,000 women will have improved their digital skills.
Project trainings are held in Public Education Centers in İstanbul, Ankara, İzmir, Bursa, Sivas, Antalya, Ağrı, Elazığ, Samsun, Kastamonu, Gaziantep, Manisa, Mersin, Tekirdağ, Trabzon, Eskişehir and Diyarbakır.
As part of the recovery efforts in the provinces that are affected by the earthquakes that occurred on February 6, 2023 and that were centered in Kahramanmaras, , container classrooms will be established in Hatay, Adıyaman and Kahramanmaraş. Trainings will be on traditional handicraft and digital skills development. Participating women will be able to produce and selllocal products using digital technologies and they will be encouraged to engage in social and economic life
The "Digital Literacy" trainings consist of a total of 24 hours and aim to introduce women to the digital world and equip them with digital literacy skills
This training will cover the following topics:
- Basic Computer Skills
- Digital Content Creation
- Electronic Methods of Communication
- What is a search engine and how do they work?
- What is a website and how can they be fit for purpose?Leveraging Mobile Technology and Services
- How to use social media
- Search Engine Marketing
- Digital Ethics
- Conscious Use of Information and Communications Technology
The "Digital Marketing" trainings consist of a total of 40 hours and aim to enable women to join the workforce by providing them digital vocational training.
- Introduction to Marketing and Basics of Digital Marketing
- Social Media Management, Creating and Managing Visuals
- Mobile Marketing
- Current Strategies in Digital Marketing
- E-Mail Marketing
- Fundamental Approaches in Public Relations and Reputation Management in Digital World
- Legal Regulations
- Search Engine Marketing
- Social Media Management
Frequently Asked Questions
How can I participate in the projects?
You can apply in person at your provincial public education center. You can also apply by filling out the online application form on our website. Courses will be opened after the minimum number of participants has been attained, and you will be notified.
What courses are planned as part of the project?
The project includes two training course programs: digital literacy and digital marketing.
Do I have to finish the Digital Literacy course before enrolling in the Digital Marketing course?
No, you do not. Course programs are distinct.
What are the requirements for the courses?
Requirements for Digital Literacy:
- Being a resident in one of the provinces involved in the project in one of the project provinces
- Being over the age of 18
- Having a smartphone
Requirements for Digital Marketing:
- Being a resident in one of the provinces involved in the projectBeing over the age of 18
- Having a smartphone
- Owning a smart mobile phone
- Holding a vocational high school degree from the following departments: Office Management - Secretariat, Graphic Management, Computer, and related departments, Accounting and Financing, Banking, Marketing and Retail, Public Relations - Communications, Tourism, and Logistics, or holding at least a two-year university degree as well as having a document showing that you have had a previous computer training course.
How long are the trainings and what is the training method?
The Digital Literacy program will last 24 hours, divided between 16 hours of face-to-face training and 8 hours of online training. The Digital Marketing program will last 40 hours, divided into 32 hours of face-to-face training and 8 hours of online training. You will access the online training through the General Directorate for Lifelong Learning's Distance Learning Platform and applications.
Will I receive a certificate once the course is completed
Yes, you will. Trainees that pass the final written exam at the end of the training program will be awarded a formal course completion certificate from the Ministry of National Education (MEB).